Monday, October 20, 2014

Easy DIY Pumpkin Decorating

Follow me on Bloglovin!

Halloween is my one of my favorite times of the year. I love the kid friendly version, which of course includes pumpkin carving/decorating. Now most years, I get elbow deep in pumpkin guts fishing out the seeds. It's a dirty, slimy, messy, and time consuming job that I dread doing!



This year, I skipped the razors, the stencils and the guts and took a more FUN and CREATIVE approach!  I decorated (fake) pumpkins with no fuss, and I am going to show you how!

Things I used :
Washi Tape
Pumpkin Decorating Kit - which I got from Target for $3.00 & they had several designs to choose from!
Black Sharpie
Fake Pumpkins





Then I got creative! There is no right or wrong way to decorate these pumpkins! It can literally be whatever you want.

The black chalkboard pumpkin I bought preprinted in chalkboard paint from target! (Talk about making it easy!) Then I simply wrote a phrase on it and topped it off with a spider web sticker from the decorating kit. I wanted to keep this pumpkin kind of plain so that you can frequently change the writing.

To make the washi tape pumpkin, I used two different washi tapes, alternating each time the length of the pumpkin. Then I stuck some gold tacks that came in the decorating kit throughout the empty spaces! Quick, easy, and super cute!

Lastly the mustache pumpkin! By far the easiest to make. I literally just freehanded a mustache and added some eyes. It's so easy a caveman could do it!


Have fun getting YOUR creative juices flowing!


 
© Design by Neat Design Corner