Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Power of a Compliment


Happy Hump Day! We are halfway through the week and we can do it! (how are my motivational words working?) Well maybe not so much right now, but in the form of a compliment.. Boy is it powerful. 

So something happened to me yesterday that inspired me to write this post. A little background to get the ball rolling.. I am a student in college, where my class mates are not as mature as adults but not as immature as some high school students. A girl, who I would consider an class acquaintance walked in and had done something diffeeeent with her hair! I thought to myself "I really like her hair today!" As I was thinking internally, I realized.. Why don't I just tell her what I think of her hair?

Ones personal style, or what they choose to wear whether it be hair, makeup or clothes is a reflection of themselves! Obviously she took the time to do something different with her hair this day and I felt it only right to give her the compliment I thought it deserved. 



Just as the compliment came out of my mouth, I quickly found myself questioning whether or not I should have said anything.

I would've wanted someone to compliment me. Compliments make me feel good. They make me feel like the time I spend getting ready in the morning is worth it because somebody noticed.

And you know what? Sometimes, living in such a high pressured, not so nice society, all it takes is ONE complement to make someone's day.



Tell me about a time that you were complimented? What was it on and did it make you feel good?! 

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner