Monday, October 20, 2014

Ways To Save | 5 Easy Tips to Save $$$



AGH, This is my new to the blogging world sob story, begging my wonderful readers for forgiveness! I know its been too long since I have posted, and I have had some technical difficulties (no excuse) ! But I am back on it and ready to rock and roll will some consistent content! Now lets get into why you actually came to this post.. Okay so recently I have been pinching pennies to save for my future. With graduation looming and the "real world" right around the corner, every little bit helps! I am sure you can all relate, and besides, who doesn't like a little extra cash in their pocket!? I am going to go through 5 easy ways to save some money that you probably don't even realize you spend!


Tip #1: Make your coffee at home!

No more stopping at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds for your morning cup of jo!
I was extremely guilting of doing this on my way to class, but not anymore! Did you know that the average american spends nearly $1,100 on coffee every year! That is just CRAZY! Save the money and drink from home! I love my Kureg machine because its quick and easy just like Dunkin Donuts, but it saves me a TON of money and I can get a TON of flavors.

Tip #2: Save your quarters!

This may seem silly, but trust me, it's not! Whenever you get loose change (especially quarters) put them directly into your handy dandy piggy bank and FORGET ABOUT IT! Quarters add up quickly, and before you know it, you will have a nice chunk of extra cash!



Tip #3: Give yourself an allowance!

Okay this is a good one because with technology at our fingertips it is SO easy to overspend. I know for myself, I rarely carry cash with me. I have a debit card and anytime I buy something, swipe and it's paid for. This makes it super hard for me to keep track of what I am spending. INSTEAD, at the beginning of each week, take yourself out an allowance in CASH. Go to the movies, buy a new top, splurge on the coffee I told you not to get! When the money is spent, it's spent! No if, ands or buts about it until the next week when you get another allowance!  


Tip #4: Plan your meals!

Being a full time college and working student myself, I know how difficult this can be. Fast food restaurants, and even quick service healthy alternatives are not only bad for your waistline, but worse for your wallet! Taking time to plan your meals from home will save you money in the long run. All too often I am on the go and stop to grab a bite to eat. This becomes extremely expensive and extremely unhealthy. Pack a lunch and snack and eat it in the park, or your car if you're in a rush! You're guaranteed to save some cash this way! And bonus jonas - you may even loose a few pounds!  



Tip #5: Do it yourself!

Lately, I have been going physically out of my way to avoid any potential shopping hazards. I go the long way to and from school so that I won't even be tempted to pull in! But anyone that knows anything about me, knows I have about as much will power as a kid with a candy bar! For those times that I DO see something that catches my eye, this tip always comes in handy. My initial thought is "oh my goodness, I love this, I need this, I am buying this!!", BUT WAIT, can I make this myself? A lot of the time, depending on your crafting skills and the item your looking at, the answer is YES! There have been so many times that I have rushed home, wiped the dust off my sewing machine and got to work from an in store inspiration. And most of the time the projects come out just as nice for HALF the price! Now that what I call a good buy!  


 
© Design by Neat Design Corner